The Music Department offers a 24-unit minor in music for students who desire documented competency in music. In addition to the standard core courses, each music minor (with the assistance of a faculty advisor) is invited to put together a sequence of courses which achieves his/her musical goals.
- Music Minor Structure
- Submit an application no later than week nine of fall, winter or spring quarter. Applications which are received after week nine of spring quarter or during the summer will not receive a response until fall quarter.
- Music Minor Planning Form (see Catalog Pdfs below)
- To be completed upon music minor acceptance. Accepted minors will receive an email from the department.
- Be sure to note the "Guidelines for Minors" on the second page.
- Some courses are not offered every quarter, not even every year. Refer to the Projected Course Schedule for an estimated timeline.
- Email the appropriate Music Planning Form below to your advisor. Once the advisor approves, complete the Music Minor Form (link provided in your acceptance email).
- Course Descriptions